Truck Accident Lawyer DC
When you need a trustworthy truck accident lawyer DC can seem as though it’s filled with too many choices; it’s tough to be sure that you’ve found the best lawyer for your case. At Cohen & Cohen, P.C., we understand how stressful and time-consuming it can be for victims of truck accidents to find a great legal team.
Truck accidents can be particularly damaging to the drivers and occupants of other passenger cars involved. While the average large commercial truck weighs around 10,000 lbs., the average passenger car or SUV weighs less than half that amount. High speeds and poor decisions, added to the sheer size of large commercial vehicles, leaves the occupants of surrounding passenger cars at a great risk for injury and/or vehicle damage.
Why are truck accidents so serious?
As any good truck accident lawyer DC trusts can tell you, these accidents are caused by a variety of different factors. Some of these causes are very similar to what leads to passenger vehicle crashes, but some causes are very different. Commercial truck accidents often occur because the at-fault driver was practicing one or more of the following driving hazards:
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI) and driving under the influence (DUI)
- Operating a mobile device (e.g., a cellphone) while driving
- Driving long hours
- Distracted driving (e.g., eating, looking for a radio station)
- Driving at night
How can a DC truck accident lawyer help?
There are a few simple but essential ways that an experienced truck accident lawyer DC firm, such as Cohen & Cohen, P.C., can help:
- If you’ve been injured, you may wish to file a personal injury lawsuit. Many car accident victims find that it’s necessary to seek financial compensation because they are unable to pay their medical bills after a serious injury. Even if you are able to file an insurance claim for these costs, an experienced attorney will be able to offer additional legal counsel and help you consider other ramifications of your injuries.
- If your vehicle has been damaged, you will likely be talking with at least one insurance company in order to file a claim. Insurance companies are notorious for being difficult when it comes to filing expensive claims after car accidents; even though their business model is intended to protect clients, their first priority is always looking out for the wellbeing of the business. An experienced truck accident lawyer in DC will be able to help you navigate the claims process.
- If you need to take time off work to recover, you may be experiencing financial problems from lost wages. The time you spend recovering from injuries, replacing a damaged vehicle, or simply filling out insurance and court paperwork can mean you have to take time off from working. For individuals who don’t have much money saved up for an emergency, the costs of missing work can be detrimental.
Contact Cohen & Cohen, P.C. Today
At Cohen & Cohen, P.C., our legal team understands the serious nature of truck accidents in the DC area. We’ve proudly offered our legal services to countless residents in and around DC, and if you’ve been involved in a truck accident recently, we can help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
For more information about our legal services or to schedule a free consultation, contact us today. At Cohen & Cohen, P.C., we’re confident that we can provide you with an exceptional truck accident lawyer DC residents deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer DCRating: ★★★★★ 5 / 5 starsRated By Google User
“I received answers to my questions when I needed them, and felt like my rights were definitely protected and I had someone in my corner. I am very happy with the final result.”