Why You May Need a Lawyer After a Bus Accident
A bus accident lawyer Baltimore MD injury victims recommend from the law firm of Cohen and Cohen, P.C. may help you recover your damages from a serious injury. Call (202) 999-3284 to make an appointment for a free case review with one of our attorneys.
Injuries sustained in bus accidents are often very serious and can have lifelong consequences. A Baltimore MD bus accident lawyer from Cohen & Cohen, P.C. may protect your rights. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills and other accident-related costs.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration reported that in 2014, at least 132,000 people were injured in large truck and bus crashes. Bus crashes can occur anytime, anywhere. Because each accident is unique due to individual circumstances, it may be best to speak with a qualified attorney about your case. A bus accident lawyer Baltimore MD injury victims hire under similar circumstances may determine the value of your claim.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
When a bus driver is negligent or careless, even for a moment, it can cause a chain of events that quickly escalates into disaster. If driver negligence caused your injury, speak with a bus accident lawyer in Baltimore MD without delay. The more time you wait, the likelier that crucial evidence will be lost. Here are some of the most common causes of bus accidents:
- Driving distracted. Distractions can include speaking to passengers to talking on a cell phone or to the dispatcher. A skilled bus accident lawyer Baltimore MD community members recommend from Cohen and Cohen, P.C. might subpoena phone records and trip logs. These could be used as evidence in your accident claim or lawsuit.
- Driving while under the influence. Medication, illegal narcotics, alcohol are all substances that can cause a bus driver to lose control of the vehicle.
- Driving while tired. Fatigued drivers can have difficulty focusing. Their reaction time can be slow. When a driver is not alert, it could be impossible for them to anticipate a dangerous situation and react in time to prevent it from happening.
Bus Company Liability
Though the driver may have been at least partially responsible for your accident, the bus company may be liable as well. An experienced bus accident lawyer Baltimore MD commuters hire would likely have a forensic accident investigator on call. The investigator may make every effort to determine how and if the bus company was negligent. In addition to being responsible for hiring the driver, the bus company may also be responsible for any or all of the following:
- Inadequate maintenance of the bus.
- Was there sufficient brake fluid?
- Were the windows too dirty to safely see through?
- Were the tires properly inflated?
- Improper repairs.
- Were the correct parts used to replace worn, defective, or broken parts?
- Were known safety problems regarding broken parts or mechanical issues not addressed?
- Was the driver properly trained and monitored?
- Did he or she have all the necessary and current licensing?
- Had they knowingly assigned more hours of work than the legal maximum?
Call Us Today
At Cohen and Cohen, P.C., our attorneys have helped countless accident victims recover damages for their injuries. If you have been physically or emotionally injured from a traumatic collision, call our office without delay. Meet with a Cohen and Cohen, P.C. bus accident lawyer Baltimore MD riders trust to find out how we may protect your rights.